Thursday, November 20, 2008

Ground Control to Major Tom





Alright...so the top studies are done in red in copic marker and red ball point. The girl is the 2nd of 3 studies...the other two posted earlier. The thumbnail is for an illustration I am working on. And the guy is David Bowie as The Goblin King from Jim Henson's The Labyrinth. His likeness is slightly off still...he needs more hollowed looking cheeks, his eyes are too big, and his hair is a little off kilter...but I am pretty happy with how this technique is shaping up, and also how there is more of a feeling of atmosphere. This one took about 3 hours.

As for the mice...I was just having fun...I may take a few of the characters and inject them into the illustration I am working on, or I may use them for an entirely different series of illustrations...I don't know yet.

Anyway...Enjoy!

No comments: