Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Humming Bird

Here is a belated Christmas gift I made for my grandma.  Things became too busy with projects for me to finish something in time, so I settled on this.  Hopefully she likes it.  I just grabbed a random photo I found from the internet.  I cannot remember where I found it, but if I can find the source, I will be sure to credit the link (if you find it, please tell me).

Artistically speaking, I have been feeling a bit stifled as of late.  I wish I could recapture that feeling of excitement and adventure I used to have while drawing.  I think I am concentrating too much on creating something finished that I am not taking enough risks to explore other paths.  I guess I have just been feeling that I need to create some solid, portfolio pieces to showcase.  However, I still feel that sketching is the funnest thing for me, and I learn the most doing it, and that's what it's all about...personal growth.  Now if I could only figure out how to turn that into a career...

No comments: