Saturday, December 26, 2009

Dear Diary...









Here is a gift I did for a friend for his girlfriend. There were more photos, but I ended up going with this one in the end. She likes ice cream, history and Jane Austen. She is German, and has a male Beta fish called "Orchy"...at least I think that's right.
I like the simplicity of this style...but I think its time to change it up a bit and get more involved with the detail. I made a concious effort a while back to simplify things down as much as I could, to see the overall design. There is still much to be done in that regard...but I feel like I can start some secondary designing (with in the overall design).
I like thoughts :)

4 comments:

Taylor S Smith said...

Very Cool! Thanks for sharing. Adding more detail is something I'm working towards too. What I really dig is the combination or balance between the two (design/simplicity and rendered/detailed).

lordmarcus said...

As always your stuffs looking amazing. That top drawing reminds me of Al Hirschfeld for some reason.

jimbodraw said...

Thats the one angle I liked - I love that simplified look.

Matthew said...

Thanks guys!