Thursday, November 12, 2009

Some more old stuff...



Here are some attempts at my drawing instructors and founders of Studio 2nd Street Ron and Vanessa Lemen. Still not really happy with them...sometimes my characture turns into more of a beasticature...this has happened many times before...especially when working form memory like these. Sometimes I just go with it, but sometimes I don't.
These sketches were done sometime before I was overcome with a mysterious medical condition. Still don't know what's wrong...it's almost been a year now...crazy how time goes. Doctors have ruled out pretty much every major thing (heart, lungs, nervous system)...everything is normal, yet I still feel messed with. I haven't been able to laugh without feeling like I was going to pass out for such a long time.
Needless to say, I didn't finish the drawings...so I figured that I would post them anyway in their unfinished state. Its just one of those things where you leave a drawing and situation so long you lose some of the feeling of it that drives you through...I hope I can remember that again someday and finish these off.

3 comments:

Ricardo Vsqz said...

Awesome man...love the Ron drawings!!

Taylor S Smith said...

Thanks for posting. You going to send them a link to this because these are pretty cool.

David Settlow said...

Now that's an original interpretation of Ron. I wouldn't want to take classes from that version of him.